- University of Iowa – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, specialization in reading and language arts
- Drake University – Master’s Degree in Urban Education, in progress
- King Elementary – K-3 Support 2013-2014
- King Elementary – Fourth Grade 2014-2017
- King Elementary – Second grade since 2017
- I have two cats named Taylor and Richard. I love watching my sisters play softball and cheering on the Iowa Hawkeyes!
● Masters in Culturally Responsive Leadership & Instruction – December 2018
● Literacy Specialist – December 2018
Upper Iowa University
● Elementary Education Degree – May 2013
● K-8 Reading Endorsement – May 2013
I have taught at King Elementary since August of 2013. I have taught either 2nd or 3rd grade each year. These are my favorite two grades because I LOVE helping students become deep thinkers and fluent readers! I feel fortunate to work with the awesome students and staff at King. Go King Koalas!
My husband Brent and I have three children, Isla, Sayer, and Lachlan. We also have one dog, Copper. As a family we enjoy going camping, swimming, and also just relaxing at home. When I have free time I love to read and go to Starbucks. You might also spot me at Target from time to time 🙂