• 2015-Present Special Education Consultant DMPS
• 2011-2015 Special Education Teacher DMPS
• 2009-2011 Preschool Teacher Storm Lake
• 1998-2009 Paraprofessional Cherokee
• Morningside College – Special Education Consultant Endorsement
• Graceland University – Masters in Differentiated Instruction and Assessments
• William Penn University – Bachelors in Education with an emphasis in special education and English Language Learners
Teaching Experience – All teaching Special Education
1988 -1996 Colfax-Mingo
1996 – 1998 – Center Elementary School , Kansas City , Mo
1998 – 2003 – Saydel School District
2003 – 2011 – Southeast Polk School District
2011 – Current – Des Moines Public Schools
Simpson College – B.A Elementary Education
Drake University – Special Education Endorsement – MD, Multi-Cat, K-8 Behavior Disorders, K-8 Instructional Strategist I
I live in Urbandale. I have two Daughters. Shelby who is a nurse in Houston, Tx and Kali who is a Senior at Urbandale High. I enjoy spending time with my family! I also enjoy working out daily.
• Iowa State University – Elementary Education with Special Education Strategist I endorsement
• Morningside College – Reading Endorsement
• University of Northern Iowa – Special Education Strategist II endorsement
• 2014-2018: Capitol View Elementary – Special Education Teacher
• Present: King Elementary – Special Education Teacher
• I live in Des Moines and enjoy doing everything Des Moines has to offer! You will find me outside in the summers biking, camping, or hiking. I am looking forward to my first year here at King Elementary!
I started working part time at Monroe Elementary in 1991 and in 1995 I became a full time Special Ed Associate. I worked at Monroe Elem for 13 years and the past 14 years I’ve been here at King Elementary.
I live in Des Moines with my husband and two dogs Sadina & MiMi. I love spending time with family & weekends are spent with my grandkids. I enjoy going on walks, and shopping.
• Upper Iowa University – Elementary Education, Reading Endorsement, Strategist 1 & 2 and Alternate Assessment
• 2008-2014 Smouse Opportunity School – K-7 Strat. 2 Behavior
• 2014-Present King Elementary – Intervention, Special Education, Strat. 2 Behavior, Alternate Assessment
I have 3 amazing children; Colton attends Iowa State University for Electrical Engineering, Dawson is a junior in High School, Kaitlyn is a sophomore in High School. In my free time I enjoy doing anything with my children, I also shoot bow, enjoy bike riding, working out and spending time with my friends. I also work 2 part time jobs.