• 2015-Present Special Education Consultant DMPS
• 2011-2015 Special Education Teacher DMPS
• 2009-2011 Preschool Teacher Storm Lake
• 1998-2009 Paraprofessional Cherokee
• Morningside College – Special Education Consultant Endorsement
• Graceland University – Masters in Differentiated Instruction and Assessments
• William Penn University – Bachelors in Education with an emphasis in special education and English Language Learners
My name is Emma Bowman and I started working for Des Moines Public Schools in the fall of 2020. I am a part of the special education team, and help students who struggle with their behavior. I graduated from Wartburg College in 2019 with an undergraduate degree in social work, and received my Masters in Social Work from The University of St. Thomas in 2020. I enjoy hiking, taking my dog for walks, and binging a good Netflix show.
Hello! This is my second year with King as an associate. I love working with all the kiddos. I am married and have a son who is in second grade. I also have a mini zoo, as my husband would say, of 2.
• Upper Iowa University – Elementary Education, Reading Endorsement, Strategist 1 & 2 and Alternate Assessment
• 2008-2014 Smouse Opportunity School – K-7 Strat. 2 Behavior
• 2014-Present King Elementary – Intervention, Special Education, Strat. 2 Behavior, Alternate Assessment
I have 3 amazing children; Colton attends Iowa State University for Electrical Engineering, Dawson is a junior in High School, Kaitlyn is a sophomore in High School. In my free time I enjoy doing anything with my children, I also shoot bow, enjoy bike riding, working out and spending time with my friends. I also work 2 part time jobs.
Bachelors Degree Evangel University
Elementary Education/Learning Disabilities
Urbandale Middle School 1999-2002
Hoyt Middle School 2003-2006
Monroe Elementary 2006-2009
Edmonds Elementary 2009-2012
King Elementary 2012-Present
I live in Urbandale and have 4 sons, 2 dogs and my beautiful wife. I coach football, wrestling and track. In my free time I love to travel and spending time with my family and friends.