- Iowa State University – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Drake University – Master’s Degree in Effective Teaching and Learning, Reading Specialist
- West Des Moines Schools, first grade for four years
- West Des Moines Schools, fifth grade for one year
- Des Moines Public Schools, district level
- King Elementary, Instructional Coach since 2012
- I live with my husband who also works for Des Moines Public Schools, our son Will who is 1 and our dog Jackson. We enjoy playing at home, going for family walks Des Moines, traveling and eating ice cream. I love spending time with my family and also love spending time at King Elementary with our fantastic students, teachers and staff.
Simpson College, Indianola, IA. Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Endorsement, Reading Endorsement, Coaching Endorsement.
1999-2017 1st grade teacher Norwalk Elementary
2017-present King Elementary Interventionist
I live in Indianola, Ia. with my husband and my 3 boys. Two are in high school and I have 1 boy in elementary. We love to spend time together and my husband and I enjoy watching my boys play sports.
- Iowa State University – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, specialization in Social Studies
- Iowa State University – Master’s work in curriculum and instruction
- Collins-Maxwell Middle School – Special education for one year
- Collins-Maxwell Elementary – Special education for two years
- Collins-Maxwell Elementary – First grade, seven years
- King Elementary – Instructional Coach since 2014
- My husband Jeremy and I live in Ankeny with our two children; Kaylie (6) and Evan (3). We enjoy playing outside, swimming, reading and watching movies together. In my spare time, I enjoy teaching fitness classes, working out and running half-marathons or marathons.
• Clarke University: Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
• University of Northern Iowa: Masters in Curriculum and Instruction in Early Childhood Education
• Endorsements: K-8 Social Studies, K-8 Reading, K-12 English as a Second Language, PK-K Teacher, 5-8 Middle School Generalist, PK-12 Talented and Gifted, and K-12 Athletic Coach
• Holy Family School Pre-Kindergarten Teacher 1996-2007
• Hiatt Middle School Reading and Social Studies Teacher 2007-11
• DMPS Gifted and Talented Consultant 2011 to present
• Spending Time with Family, Friends and Animals
• Traveling Around the World
• Listening and Playing Music